John A. Frangos, PhD
President & CEO, Scientific Director
La Jolla Bioengineering Institute
San Diego, CA
- Rice University, Ph.D. 1986 Chemical Engineering
- Stanford University, M.S. 1982 Chemical Engineering
- Johns Hopkins University, B.S. 1981 Chemical Engineering
- 2002 – Present Founder, Scientific Director, President & CEO, La Jolla Bioengineering Institute.
- 1996 – 2002 Professor, Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego.
- 1994 – 1996 Associate Professor, Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego.
- 1992 – 1994 Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Penn State University.
- 1986 – 1992 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Penn State University.
Honors and Memberships
- 2009 – 2014 NIH MERIT Award
- 2002– 2004 Member, Surgery and Bioengineering Study Section, NIH
- 1999 Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- 1997 – 1998 Editorial Board, American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology
- 1998 – Present Editorial Board, General Pharmacology
- 1998 – 2001 American Heart Association Study Committee on Vascular Wall Biology I
- 1998 – Present External Advisory Board, Program on Mechanotransduction in Bone, Indiana Univ
- 1997 – 2000 External Advisory Board, NSCORT on Space Cell Biology, Rice University
- 1997 – 2000 Board of Directors, Biomedical Engineering Society
- 1997 Program Chair, Annual meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society, San Diego
- 1997 Board of Scientific Counselors, Nat. Inst. on Deafness & Other Communication Disorders
- 1993 Y.C. Fung Young Investigator Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- 1993 – 1996 Councilor, North American Society of Biorheology
- 1990 – 1995 NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award
- 1991 Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering, Penn State University
Kwon RY, Meays DR, Tang WF, Frangos JA.
J Bone Miner Res. 2010 Feb 23.
Laura A Otte, Kelly S Bell, Laurent Loufrani, Jiunn-Chern Yeh, Benoit Melchior, Diep N Dao, Hazel Y Stevens, Charles R White & John A Frangos
The Journal of physiology. 2009 May;
Hazel Y Stevens, Benoit Melchior, Kelly S Bell, Sujin Yun, Jiunn-Chern Yeh & John A Frangos
Disease models & mechanisms. 2008 Sep-Oct ; 1(2-3):175-81; discussion 179
Jiunn-chern Yeh, Laura A Otte & John A Frangos
Biochemistry. 2008 Aug;
Dennis H Kim & John A Frangos
Biophysical journal. 2008 Jul;
Irene Gramaglia, Peter Sobolewski, Diana Meays, Ramiro Contreras, John P Nolan, John A Frangos, Marcos Intaglietta & Henri C van der Heyde
Nature medicine. 2006 Dec;